Birth & Death Certificates
Certified Missouri Birth and Death certificates may be acquired at both the Hermann and Owensville office. Certified birth certificates can be issued for persons born in Missouri since 1920. Certified death certificates can be issued for deaths occurring in Missouri since 1980. For certificates prior to these dates, please contact the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Birth certificates may be issued to:
- The registrant,
- Relatives up to but not including cousins,
- A legal guardian of a child,
- A step parent,
- Another legally authorized individual as determined by the Missouri Department of Health rules.
Death certificates may be issued to relatives or to third parties with a tangible interest.
- Photo ID of applicant must be presented
- Separate application must be completed for each individual
Download an application for birth or death certificates. The completed application must be notarized before mailing. If the application is not properly notarized, it will not be able to be processed. Mail application, proper fee and self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Gasconade County Health Department
300 Schiller Street
Hermann, MO 65041
Cost (We accept cash, check or credit card)
Birth Certificates: $15.00 each copy
Death Certificates: $14.00 first copy, $11.00 each additional copy